WASTE: Morocco, a major market in terms of demand.
- To ensure the collection and treatment of household waste and to achieve a collection level of 90% in 2020 and 100% in 2030
- To create monitored landfill sites for household and equivalent waste for all urban centres (100% by 2022)
- To refurbish or close all existing dumps (100% by 2022)
- To develop the ‘sorting-recycling-exploitation’ channel with pilot initiatives in order to achieve 20% recycling by 2022.
Source : SWEEPNET
National Water Strategy: Additional investment of 82 billion Dirhams updated over the 2009-2030 period, including:
- Management of water demand and exploitation of water: DH 33 billion
- Management and development of the supply: DH 65 billion
- Preservation and protection of water resources: DH 43 billion
- National Liquid Sewerage and Waste Water Treatment Programme (PNA)
- To achieve an overall level of connections to the network of 80% by 2020 and 90% by 2030
- Reduce domestic pollution by 80% in 2020 and 90% in 2030
- 100% of waste water collected treated and reused/exploited in 2030
• Performance improvement programme in the field of drinking water
Goals: to achieve a distribution network performance of 76%, a production performance of 94% for
distribution centres, and 96% for production centres by 2015.
€2.2 billion of investment planned by 2020 including 1 billion from the Energy Development Fund.
• Energy strategy: efficiency a priority for buildings and industry.
• Building: 36% of final energy consumption, with 29% being residential and 7% service sector/energy efficiency potential in excess of 29% by 2020.
• National energy efficiency programme in buildings being steered by ADEREE:
- Development of standards and technical guides for building professionals.
- Implementation of a strategy to mobilize and raise the awareness of relevant public and private sector operators.
- Identification and promotion of energy efficiency investment in the building sector through the realization of a portfolio of demonstration projects.
Renewables: goal of 42% of installed electrical capacity from renewables by 2020.
Solar = average insolation of 5 kWh/m²/day
Wind = in excess of 6000 MW
Water = over 200 exploitable sites
Biomass = 9 million hectares of forests
Green energy development plan / goal: to raise the share of electrical capacity generated from renewables (wind, solar, water) to 42% by 2020.